Hope you are having a great weekend.
This blog is quite different from the kind of work that I have done. Stylist’s job is not only limited to the glamorous part of the industry. Its as vast as any field. Here is one assignment that was part of my college work.
Visual Merchandisers- Ritika Gupta | Sanya Khurana
It was a difficult task in making this show window a success.
- Everything was measured, whether it was a box, wings, torso, or hand sculpture.
- Daily sitting with the labour working on the box, or getting the box painted was very draining.
- The kind of lights that should be used also mattered a-lot, whether it will be a white, yellow or light warm light became a difficult choice.
- Placement of the hand sculpture inside the box as it weighs over 40 kgs.
- Coming up with an idea is one thing but actually getting those elements rightly made was very difficult.
Over all it was a great learning experience. Hats off to the people who made the wings, male torso and hand sculpture so brilliantly.
The window display is for the brand Fendi with Surrealism in which we have incorporated three colors: black for dominance and elegance, yellow for optimism and joy while gold is used to depict luxury, richness and ancient roman lifestyle.
The theme of our display is that the hands are reaching out for the bag. The bag is stuck to the male torso with wings. The whole aura of the display is evil which is evident from the yellow eyes.
Behind the scenes:
For more, stay tuned!