FASHION STYLIST– RITIKA GUPTA
MODEL– SANYA KHURANA
An hourglass figure dominated the look of the 1950s. Clothing styles during the war years featured dull colors, squared shoulders, and a minimal use of fabric and embellishments due to wartime restrictions. The New Look offered a new opulence and a new look to femininity.
Accessories like these define 50s fashion:
- GLOVES- long or elbow- length
- HATS- wide- brimmed as well as small hats
- JEWELLERY- pearls or beads one
- GLASSES- cat-eye glasses
- SHOES- stilettoes and pumps were popular
- HAIRSTYLE- short bob hairstyle and long hair(pony and fringes)
- SKIRTS- pencil skirt and wide skirts with or without crinolines
- PANTS- cigarette pants, capri pants, pedal pushers, and short shorts
- FASHION ICONS- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn.
In this shoot, skater skirt dress with floral print, pearl accessories, bomb hair style with feather clip are few things that are used to depict modern 50s style.