It is very important to know yourself, your body and even your flaws. why does it happen that certain type of clothes suits you while certain doesn’t? because it all depends upon body type. This post will give you few tips on body types.
Few categories are shown so try relating them to yourself and you will surely notice the difference.
- INVERTED TRIANGLE
You have a heavier upper body than lower. Your shoulders tends to be on the broader side, or you have a large torso, sometimes both. Your lower body tends to look slimmer.
- Open necklines and collars, like halter necks, v-necks and scoop neck
- To balance wear A- line skirts, culottes etc.
- Horizontal lines on top
- Over sized collars or lapels on jackets
2. THE RECTANGLE
Your shoulders, waist and hips fall somewhat into the same size.
- Wear tops and jackets that emphasize the waist
- Add curves to your body by wearing flared dresses or pants.
- Shapeless clothing
- Large prints
3. THE APPLE SHAPE
Your upper portion appears to be heavy with little or no waist definition. You tend to carry a lot of your weight in your abdomen area..
- empire waist line (just below the bust) tops
- slim cut pants
- puffed jackets or tops
- flared pants
4. THE PEAR SHAPE
While your upper body may be narrow, you carry most of your weight on your lower body.
- Wear fitted styles around your waist and always accentuate your waistline e.g. empire line, wraps etc
- Layering on your top half creates visual interest and draws the attention
- Flared pants/ culottes etc
- Flared or ruffled sleeves, straight skirts
5. THE HOURGLASS
Your upper body and lower body are quite in proportion with each other, and you have a defined waist.
- Pencil skirts or A- line skirts
- Wear V- neck or dark colors on top
- Baggy or boxy clothing
- Too many frills or ruffles
These are just few basic examples. I hope this post helps you. 🙂